Thursday, November 18, 2010

Funky Sophistication

Ten year olds dont wear heels, but I did. I would march around my house in stilettos three sizes too big and beg (BEG!) my mother to let me out of the house in them for just a minute. I was a major rebel when it came to fashion. If someone heard a recurrent banging coming from the attic, it was me parading on my tredmill at 3.6 miles per hour in clogs, heels, wedges...anything. Luckily, my premature heel-wearing led to graceful strutting as an adult. My mutinous undertakings didn't end there. Growing up, every now and then I would come home with a piece that would make my mom say..."Eileen, what the hell is that?" I will never give up on a five-dollar, fluffy pink coat from H&M. Picture a salmon colored gorilla suit...fabulous (not sarcastic)! My mom threatened that she would not allow it in my house, so I answered that I will keep the coat in the trunk of my car...I don't give up. Some call it unique...others say I'm outright nuts...


Au Revoir, 

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment