Friday, January 28, 2011

5 Things


A lot of bloggers do something like this, “Five Things” post. It kind of annoys me because it proves that they have nothing at the moment specifically interesting to blog about so they take the easy way out by picking five items lying somewhere in their room, photograph them, and upload away. I am going to be truthful with you…I AM DOING EXACTLY THAT RIGHT NOW. With spring semester in blossom (I feel like an idiot saying “spring” semester only because I am staring at a foot of snow in my backyard, but whatever), the lengthy reading assignments are back. I officially said goodbye to having the “lack of anything better to do than click on Facebook homepage more than five times in one sitting” phase.


1.     For those of you who have ever been to my bedroom, you surely have noticed, and probably even played with my five string pink electric guitar (look and count closely, I assure you there are only five strings).  Don’t worry, I didn’t get ripped off from eBay (even though I did get this guitar off of eBay), my baby cousin was having too much fun with a toy called “Eileen’s important stuff.” This crippled guitar that I never got around to fix is always a nice conversation topic sitting in the right corner of my room (appropriately placed so every time I open my closet door it slams into it—yikes!). Instead of allowing it lean against my wall to rot, I’ve realized that this guitar is also a great prop for, let’s say, an album cover if I were to magically transform into Taylor Swift someday (anyday now) and needed an album cover pronto. I decided to have some fun with my pink guitar and tried to make it a little glam/rock and roll by adding a sparkly mini-dress…Enjoy!







2.    Think of something that you can get for a dollar. Wendy’s recently expanded their value menu to include a small frosty, a crispy chicken sandwich, and fries (each only 99 cents). But ten minutes later, the value chicken is gone! I found something for one dollar that will be around in ten minutes, is inedible, and I think is pretty stylish. Check out my ladybug scarf! I don’t usually wear bugs on my clothing, but I happen to think ladybugs are pretty damn cute! You can tell me this scarf resembles something a flight attendant would don, but I’ll still wear it!







3.      Who knew, Eileen is a ballerina…NOT! This picture is for all the people that never really won trophies, and do not have framed awards of theirs permeating the house. Whenever people see this, they—for some reason—think that it is a trophy. I painted it myself at a place called “Plaster Gallery,” around three years ago. I picked out a ballet shoe because it looked pretty easy to paint. Why do I keep it around? I love the little spurt of excitement I get when someone asks if I am a ballerina.



4.      Who doesn’t like a bargain? I especially love, LOVE bargains. Whenever I buy something at a really good price I find myself talking about it all week long…(maybe I should try and change that about myself). If someone expresses any level of favor in something that I am wearing that was extremely discounted, I tend to bark out the price before even introducing myself. These boots, which will probably turn out to be extremely painful, is one of those items. (They were more than 60% off!)




5.   My last 'thing' is actually not even mine. I am dedicating 1/5th of this post to my super evil and super talented little sister. She is extremely creative (and mean), and I am hopefully an inspiration to her originality (not her grouchiness), she borrows my clothing on a daily basis if not more. She is actually in the process of making a skirt made of stuffed animals. She unstuffed all of my old beanie babies and household stuffed dolls and sewed them together making this cool and slightly creepy skirt! She accidentally unstuffed a Webkinz very dear to my other sister's heart. It was then that my mother's skills as a surgeon were tested (even though she is not a surgeon) as she tried to recompose that poor, cute little pig. 



Hwyl fawr, (Goodbye in Welsh)

Eileen 

No comments:

Post a Comment